Project 3: Heuristic Evaluation
Perform a heuristic evaluation of an existing web site and assist in creating a redesign plan based on your analysis.
- Learn about principles of usability and apply them to the evaluation of a design.
- Be responsible for ensuring the site redesign solves a portion of any usability issues discovered.
- Review the list of sites to evaluate and identify which sites you’d like to work with.
- You may select specific sites or choose a category.
- Due date: 10/15 by 3pm EDT
- If you do not submit a site selection, one will be assigned to you.
- After you have received your site assignment, complete a heuristic evaluation of the site using this template.
- Due date: 10/21 by 4pm EDT
- Format: Google Doc
- File name: Please use your first initial and last name (for example:
- How to submit: Add your file to the heuristic-evaluations folder inside our shared GD431 Activities folder in Google Drive
- Oct 14 · Project introduction
- Oct 15 · Site selections due
- Oct 16 · Site assignments published
- Oct 21 · Form teams, share findings
Google Sheet example